Saturday, November 18, 2017

The war against Christianity continues...

Student Bible study led by teacher shut down at elementary school; group called activity ‘illegal’

Student Bible study led by teacher shut down at elementary school; group called activity ‘illegal’
A lunchtime Bible study for fifth-graders was shut down at a Michigan elementary school after complaints from a civil rights group that a teacher was leading the activity "without parental notification or consent." (Image source: mikanaka/Getty Images) 

What happened?

  • Mitch Kahle — an atheist and spokesman for the Michigan Association of Civil Rights Activists, WOOD-TV reported — said two parents separately approached his group about the weekly Bible study at Alward Elementary School in Hudsonville, MLive reported.
  • Parents added that during lunch, fifth-grade teacher Christopher Karel read Bible verses, told a story or showed a video and led students in prayer, Kahle told MLive.
  • Once the district verified Kahle’s claim, it said the teacher stopped holding the Bible studies, WOOD reported.
  • Karel, who has worked for the district since 1994, was not disciplined and instead was told of the legal issues, MLive said.

What else is going on?

  • The district added that the teacher thought the activity was appropriate because it was voluntary and held during lunch, the station said, citing the district’s statement.
  • Assistant Superintendent Scott Smith also said the district was unaware of the Bible studies until Kahle’s group informed them — but Kahle said Smith’s claim “rings hollow,” MLive reported.
  • Kahle told the outlet that the school’s principal and teachers “were most certainly aware of the long-running transgression.”
Mitch Kahle (Image source: WOOD-TV video screenshot)
Mitch Kahle (Image source: WOOD-TV video screenshot)

How long have the Bible studies been held?

  • MACRA insisted the Bible studies had been held for years, WOOD reported, while the district said the group met only twice after students approached the teacher about holding Bible studies during lunch in his classroom.
  • Between 35 and 45 students attended one or both of the studies, the station said.
  • MACRA added in a statement that “this illegal and unconstitutional activity was being conducted without parental notification or consent. One parent told MACRA that their child, who is only 10 years old, was singled out and subjected to peer pressure for declining to attend the Bible studies,” WOOD reported.
  • Smith told the station that the district received no complaints about the Bible studies other than the one from MACRA, and Kahle told MLive the parents want to remain anonymous over fear of community backlash.

Is there a history here?

  • Kahle told MLive that this was the district’s second recent violation.
  • MACRA made the district aware in February 2015 that it was inappropriately allowing students at another elementary school to attend a Bible club in a recreational vehicle in the parking lot during lunch, the outlet reported.
  • The district stopped the activity, MLive said, and made Bible Club Ministries International-Western Michigan aware of the conflict.

Note that Sherrod Brown put the private jet tax break into the new tax bill...now why would he protect the ultra rich? Hmmmm. see post on Kamala Harris below.

GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch puts Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown on notice in fiery showdown

 
GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch has had it with Democrats who continuously demonize the rich in this country. In fact, he’s so fed up that he didn’t bother holding back when Democratic Sen. Sherrod  Brown made the accusation that Republicans are only implementing tax reform to benefit the rich during a Senate Finance Committee meeting.
“I really resent anybody saying that I’m just doing this for the rich. Give me a break. I think you guys overplay that all the time and it gets old,” asserted Hatch. “And frankly you outta quit it.”
Sherrod tried to interrupt Hatch, but Hatch made it clear he wasn’t through.
“I get kind of sick and tired of it. True, it’s a nice political play, but it’s not true.”
Pat was thrilled to see a Republican finally taking up for themselves with such fervor.
“More Republicans need to get a little burr under their saddle,” said Pat.
Check out the clip to hear what Pat had to say.
To see more from Pat, visit his channel on TheBlazeand listen live to “Pat Gray Unleashed” with Pat Gray weekdays 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET, only on TheBlaze Radio Network.

Two of Bill Clinton’s accusers hit back at Hillary after she claimed they ‘misremembered’ assaults

Two of Bill Clinton’s accusers hit back at Hillary after she claimed they ‘misremembered’ assaults

Two of Bill Clinton’s accusers hit back at Hillary after she claimed they ‘misremembered’ assaults
Two of Bill Clinton's accusers, Juanita Broaddrick and Paula Jones, respond to Hillary Clinton's claims that they are "misremembering" their assaults. (Image source: YouTube) 

Juanita Broaddrick and Paula Jones, two women who have accused former President Bill Clinton of rape or sexual misconduct, responded Friday to claims Hillary Clinton recently made about Bill’s accusers and the Democratic reaction to Bill’s history in the wake of dozens of new sexual misconduct allegations against Hollywood elites and politicians.

First, what did Clinton say?

Clinton claimed in an interview with ABC News radio host Rita Cosby on Friday that Bill’s accusers are “misremembering” history.
“Every situation has to be judged on its own merit. And there were allegations that were disproved,” she said. “It’s unfortunate that people are either misremembering or misinterpreting history.”
“I don’t know that we can rewrite and revise history,” Clinton added.

How did Broaddrick and Jones react?

When asked about the comments on Fox News Friday, Jones told host Laura Ingraham that Clinton’s comments are “ludicrous.”
“I’m not misinterpreting, I’m not, no, no, no, no, no. That is so ludicrous what she just said! I mean, seriously? I cannot believe that that lady would say that. And nothing was misinterpreted. I know what happened to me in that room that day,” Jones said.
“I agree with you Paula,” Broaddrick followed up.
Jones later urged Clinton to talk to Bill’s accusers to hear what they have to say before completely discrediting them like she as done for decades. Then, Jones tore into Clinton, saying:
She knew. She’s been enabling him for years. She’s been hiding this stuff for him for years. If you’re married to a man and you don’t know your husband is doing this, something is wrong. And you know, they claim to have such a wonderful marriage and she stood by her man but let me tell you, she knew what he was doing. And the only reason why they ever stayed together is because it was a political marriage.

How did they respond to Democrats?

Many Democrats this week revisited the sexual misconduct allegations charged against Bill throughout the years he was a man in power. Some have said Bill shouldn’t have received the pass that he did, while others said they finally believe some of Bill’s accusers, like Broaddrick.
Then others, like Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), said she now believes Bill should have resigned after the Monica Lewinskey scandal. Jones told Ingraham that “it’s just a little bit too late for that, now isn’t it?”
“It makes you wonder if they truly mean what they say because us womens didn’t get any kind of help whatsoever from those liberal women. They ridiculed us. We were called all kind of names. We were not believed. And I hope that it’s true that they think that now. But I don’t know that I believe it,” Jones said.
“It’s absolutely disgusting Laura. This great epiphany, which should have occurred 20 years ago coming about now…I should feel ecstatic about it, but I don’t. I feel very disappointed that they waited two decades to do this,” Broaddrick added.
Broaddrick alleges that Clinton raped her in the spring of 1978 while he was campaigning to be governor of Arkansas. Jones sued Clinton in 1994 for a sexual harassment incident that happened in 1991 while he was governor of Arkansas. Clinton later settled with Jones for $850,000.

Watch:

Kamala Harris gets fact checked after she attempts to bash GOP over ‘private jet tax break’


Kamala Harris gets fact checked after she attempts to bash GOP over ‘private jet tax break’



Kamala Harris gets fact checked after she attempts to bash GOP over ‘private jet tax break’
Kamala Harris gets fact checked after attempt to bash GOP Senate tax reform bill goes awry. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images) 



Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris (Calif.) was hit with a fact check on Friday after she attempted to criticize Republicans for a “private jet tax break” in the GOP’s latest tax reform bill.

What happened?

Harris tweeted out a story from Business Insider detailing one of the finer points in the Senate’s tax reform bill, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The story centers around a tax break the law provides to owners and operators of private jets.
When Harris tweeted the story, she added: “Retweet if you would *not* benefit from a private jet tax break.”

The point of Harris’ tweet was simple: she wanted to bash the GOP’s tax reform bill by letting her fans and constituents know the GOP’s bill had a provision in it providing a break for wealthy Americans with private jets.
However, Harris’ attempt quickly fell flat on its face when it was revealed a Republican wasn’t the original sponsor of the provision.
In fact, it was Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) who first introduced it to Congress earlier this year. People were quick to point that out in reply to Harris and others.



Facts always win over narrative.

Hopefully a new day is dawning for Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe crowds rejoice as they demand end to Mugabe rule

  • 9 minutes ago
  •  
  • From the section Africa
Media captionTens of thousands of people turned up for the rally
Thousands of Zimbabweans have taken to the streets of the capital and other cities to demand the resignation of President Robert Mugabe.
In a party atmosphere, they tore pictures of Mr Mugabe and at one point marched to his office and residence.
The army took over on Wednesday, days after Mr Mugabe sacked his deputy, signalling that he favoured his wife Grace as his successor.
Mr Mugabe, 93, has led Zimbabwe since independence from Britain in 1980.
The military has kept him confined to his residence and says it is "engaging" with him and will advise the public on the outcome of talks "as soon as possible".
Saturday's rally had the support of the army and members of the governing Zanu-PF party.
Veterans of Zimbabwe's war for independence - who until last year were loyal to the president, the best-known among them - are also saying Mr Mugabe should quit. 
Outside State House, the official residence, some people staged a sit-down protest in front of a line of troops, and opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai addressed the crowd, to cheers.
The BBC's Andrew Harding in Harare says this is a watershed moment and there can be no return to power for Mr Mugabe.
Our correspondent says the situation may appear to be getting out of Zanu-PF's control and there could be a broad push to introduce a transitional government that includes the opposition. 
Sit-in outside State House
Image captionThe army kept people away from State House
On Friday, Mr Mugabe made his first public appearance since being confined to his house.
He spoke only to open the graduation at a university of which he is chancellor.
Grace Mugabe was not present. It had been thought she had left the country but it emerged on Thursday that she was at home with Mr Mugabe.
people holding signs reading Image copyrightEPA
Image captionThe message for the Mugabes was clear
The military made its move after a power struggle over the successor for Mr Mugabe.
He sacked Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa last week, apparently to pave the way for Grace Mugabe, who is four decades younger than him, to take over the presidency.
Mr Mugabe's nephew, Patrick Zhuwao, told Reuters news agency the couple were "ready to die for what is correct" and would not step down.

Fear has lifted

Analysis by the BBC's Andrew Harding in Harare
Euphoric crowds surged through the centre of Harare, chanting "He must go!" and waving placards demanding President Mugabe's immediate resignation. People were sitting on their cars, horns blaring, and on top of buses, holding Zimbabwean flags.
"This is a revolution," said one man emerging from a supermarket to join the protesters. "It has been a long time coming."
For years such scenes have been unthinkable in Zimbabwe, but the army and governing Zanu-PF gave these rallies their blessing, and the fear that held back so many people appears to have lifted overnight.
"We just want change," said a woman in a long queue outside a bank in the centre of Harare. Others spoke of the country's deep economic problems and its soaring unemployment, and hoped that a change of leadership might improve people's lives.
The governing party - now ruthlessly purging itself - will be hoping to retain its iron grip on power in Zimbabwe, but the extraordinary street protests may have unlocked forces that will be hard to control.
woman singing and dancing in front of army tankImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image captionThe protest had the blessing of the military and the ruling party

Who is backing the protest in Harare? 

  • The influential war veterans' association. Leader Christopher Mutsvangwa had called for a huge turnout, saying: "We want to restore our pride."
  • The ruling Zanu-PF. At least eight out of 10 regional branches voted on Friday for Mr Mugabe to resign as president and party secretary. Several regional leaders appeared on TV saying he should step down, Grace Mugabe should resign from the party and Mr Mnangagwa should be reinstated to the central committee.
  • The Zimbabwe Defence Forces (ZDF) said the rally was a "solidarity march". It said: "As long as the planned march remains orderly, peaceful... and without hate speech and incitement to cause violence, it fully supports the march."
  • Liberal groups opposed to the president. The leader of last year's #Thisflag protests, Evans Mwarire, urged people to turn up.

How did we get here?

Soldiers seized the headquarters of Zimbabwe's national broadcaster ZBC on Wednesday, and loud explosions and gunfire were heard.
Maj Gen Sibusiso Moyo then read out a statement on national television, assuring the nation that President Mugabe and his family were safe.
Media captionWhy is Zimbabwe in such a bad way?
The military was only targeting what he called "criminals" around the president, he said, denying that there had been a coup.
On Thursday, Mr Mugabe was pictured smiling as he took part in talks with an army general and South African government ministers at State House but sources suggested he might be resisting pressure to resign.

What has been the reaction around the world?

  • US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson urged a quick return to civilian rule, but also said the crisis was an opportunity for Zimbabwe to set itself on a new path
  • Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said Beijing was hoping for stability and a peaceful "appropriate" resolution
  • UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson warned against a transition from "one unelected tyrant" to another
  • Botswana's President Ian Khama said regional leaders did not support Mr Mugabe staying in power
  • Alpha Conde, the chairman of the African Union, a key regional bloc, said the takeover "seems like a coup" and demanded a return to constitutional order
  • South Africa's President Jacob Zuma said the region was committed to supporting the people of Zimbabwe, and was optimistic the situation could be resolved amicably