Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Leftist feminists have a rigid theology and you may not deviate

Women’s March revokes partnership of pro-life feminist group — but they’ll march anyway

 
Women’s March revokes partnership of pro-life feminist group — but they’ll march anyway
Pro-life activists pray on the steps of the United States Supreme Court on June 27, 2016 in Washington, D.C. (Pete Marovich/Getty Images) 
The Women’s March on Washington revoked the partnership of a pro-life feminist group Monday after pro-choice participants objected to the group’s inclusion in the protest — but the group will march anyway, their founder told TheBlaze in an interview.
Supporters of the march, which will take place the day after President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, objected to the inclusion of the pro-life group New Wave Feminists on Twitter:
In its platform, Women’s March states that they believe in “reproductive freedom,” including “open access to safe, legal, affordable abortion and birth control for all people, regardless of income, location or education.”
In a statement posted to their Twitter account, Women’s March said that New Wave Feminists had been included as a partner in error.
But Destiny Herndon-De La Rosa, founder of New Wave Feminists, said her group went through an extensive application process to be included among the march’s partners, and she doesn’t believe it was a mistake.
In an interview with TheBlaze, Herndon-De La Rosa said her organization — comprised of “badass pro-life feminists” — works not to make abortion illegal, “but rather to make it unthinkable and unnecessary by supporting women so much they would never choose abortion.”
She said the group decided to apply for a partnership because they’d “heard rumblings” that pro-life women would be excluded, adding that her organization agrees with some of Women’s March’s other stated positions — such as fighting domestic abuse and human trafficking — but that they made their pro-life position clear.
“In no way did we sneak in under the radar by pretending to be something we weren’t,” she said.
Herndon-De La Rosa said that when Women’s March accepted their application for a partnership on Friday, she found it “encouraging” because it seemed as if they were being truly inclusive to diverse views.
But when an article in the Atlantic shed light on New Wave Feminists’ inclusion, pro-choice feminists promptly objected and pressured the organization to drop them, which they later did.
“While they claim they want diversity, they only want a certain kind of diversity,” Herndon-De La Rosa said.
Herndon-De La Rosa said her organization still intends to march.
“Given that feminism is a movement rooted in rebellion, we’re not going to wait for an invitation to be included,” Herndon-De La Rosa said. “So we’re marching either way to represent the pro-life feminist contingent of women out there.”
She said that the march’s stated support for abortion is “all the more reason” for pro-life women to march.
“They’re trying to co-opt feminism entirely, and say ‘this is the only brand of feminism that’s true,’ and that’s not true,” she said. “So we have to be a voice that says we believe women are not property at any point, not even in the womb. We are against violence towards women at every point, especially in the womb.”
Although pro-choice feminists often argue that one cannot be a pro-life feminist, during her bid for the White House, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton — who is staunchly pro-choice — acknowledged that one can “absolutely” be both pro-life and a feminist.
Women’s March on Washington organizers have said that they are expecting approximately 200,000 participants at the Jan. 21 event..

Cementing Obama's legacy of anti American pro violence leftism. I'm surprised he hasn't pardoned Joanne Chesimard. But, there's still time

Puerto Rican terrorist among prisoners freed by Obama



An imprisoned Puerto Rican terrorist who refused to renounce violence to get clemency in 1999, was among those whose sentence was commuted Tuesday by President Obama.
Oscar Lopez-Rivera helped establish the violent Puerto Rican independence group FALN (Fuerza Armadas de Liberacion Nacional, Spanish for Armed Forces of National Liberation).
The group is best known for bombing Fraunces Tavern in lower Manhattan in 1975, an attack that killed four, as well as a 1982 strike on NYPD headquarters.
López Rivera was arrested in May 1981 and convicted of seditious conspiracy, carrying firearms during the commission of violent crimes and transporting explosives with the intent to kill people.
He was sentenced to 55 years in prison.
He will now be released on May 17.
“Oscar Lopez is a terrorist who participated in the killing of New Yorkers, and someone who has refused to renounce violence,” said Councilman Joe Borelli (D-SI).
“Commuting his sentence proves that Obama and most liberals are out of touch with reality and willing to sacrifice all norms in the name of progressivism.”
In 1999, President Bill Clinton offered Lopez-Rivera clemency, but he refused because it would have required him to renounce terrorism.
Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, who has been campaigning for years for Lopez Rivera, gushed over the news of his pardon.
“I’m so very excited and happy for Oscar. It’s been a long road and I’ve been very invested in this case personally and emotionally, so it’s overwhelming,” she said. “This was an unjust sentencing and it’s been 35 years of having been in jail for his political convictions.”
She added that the move would cement Obama’s legacy among Puerto Ricans.
“When people think of what did he do for Puerto Rico, it’s going to be that he freed Oscar,” she said.

Did you know?

That John Brennan current head of the CIA so hated Reagan that he voted for the Communist Party candidate in 1980. Tells you about his leanings.  

More investment in the US



Did the AJC intentionally manipulate crime stats in order to defend John Lewis? Fake news and outright lies.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution Botches Crime Stats in Defending John Lewis

 
On Friday, Georgia Congressman John Lewis, whose 5th District includes the City of Atlanta, said of Donald Trump that "I don’t see the president-elect as a legitimate president." Trump characteristically fired back with a two-part tweet suggesting that Lewis "... spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results."
As would be expected, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution rushed to Lewis's defense. In its apparent haste to do so, a pair of journalists at the paper committed a colossal math blunder vastly understating the city's crime rate. With that mistake, the paper made the city look over 13 times safer than it really is.
Longtime blogger Don Surber captured the paper's error, which has since been corrected without any indication that a correction was made. Wondering how in the world it came up with its key violent crime figure, Surber blockquoted the following originally present passage at the AJC post by award-winning journalists (in other matters, quite obviously) Jeff Ernsthausen and Jennifer Peebles (HT Instapundit; bolds are mine throughout this post):
An Atlanta Journal-Constitution analysis of that data found Atlanta’s violent crime rate -- one crime per 1,120 residents -- landed Atlanta at No. 14 nationally among cities with populations of more than 200,000. However, the analysis also found that not all major American cities had data in the report -- for instance, Charlotte, N.C., often cited as one of Atlanta’s closest rivals, was not included, nor were New York City or Cleveland, Ohio.
High crime rate is acceptable to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Democratic Congressman John Lewis who locked arms in brotherhood Republican Senator Jeff Session at the 50th anniversary of the March on Selma stabbed Sessions in the back this week.
I was going to let it slide until his hometown newspaper defended him, and Atlanta's high crime rate -- all because the newspaper suffers Trump-phobia.
... the newspaper ... in response defended Atlanta's high crime rate.
One crime per 1,120 residents? Who calculates crime rates that way? Crime rates are calculated per 100,000 people.
Surber cited 2014 FBI crime statistics showing that the city's crime rate was 1227.4 violent crimes per 100,000 residents. That works out to one violent crime for every 81.5 residents.
That leaves the mystery as to where the paper came up with its "one per 1,120" figure. The answer is that it went to the FBI's 2015 crime stats and blew a math calculation a fourth-grader (or to play it safe, I should say a fourth-grader educated in the early 1960s) would have gotten right.
Here are the FBI's stats for Atlanta for 2015:
So here is almost certainly what happened:
  • AJC divided the population of 464,710 by the Violent Crime total of 5,203. The result is 89.3.
  • For reasons I can't fathom, it divided 89.3 into 100,000.
  • Voila! The answer is 1,120. The AJC inexplicably and ludicrously interpreted that result as "one crime per 1,120 residents."
The truth is that, in 2015, there were 1,120 reported violent crimes in Atlanta for every 100,000 residents. Compared to its original claim of one violent crime per 1,120 residents (which translates to 89.3 per 100,000), Atlanta's 2015 violent crime rate was 13.7 times higher than the pair of award-winning reporters originally claimed.
That said, 2015 saw a drop of 8.8 percent in the per capita violent crime rate from the 1227.4 seen in 2014. A couple of points of that drop was due to a roughly 10,000 increase in the city's population, and the rest represented a 6.7 percent decline in the absolute number of violent crimes.
While Atlanta dropped out of Forbes's annual Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities list in 2015 after a multi-year appearance, its number of homicides rose 17 percent to 111 in 2016, according to the city's last weekly crime report for the year. In one violent stretch in June, there were 15 murders in four weeks. In early November, the AJC itself reported that the city had earned the dubious distinction of being considered "one of America's top 'murder capitals.'"
It's not exactly a secret that Atlanta, which population-wise constitutes the majority of John Lewis's district, has a serious crime problem. Given the paper's leftist bias, it's no surprise that after blathering on for about 400 words, two AJC journalists couldn't bring themselves to answer their own question — "Is John Lewis’ 5th district ‘crime-infested,’ as Donald Trump says?" — with a clear "yes" or "no." That's because the answer is clearly "yes," and it makes their icon John Lewis look bad.

A follow up to the story about the civilian who saved the life of an Arizona trooper.

Authorities: Arizona trooper was shot by driver he sought to help



Leftist Brown Shirt terrorism planned for Inauguration...

Democrats here again feel entitled to impose their views by terroristic acts. Why shouldn't they as Obama and the Democrats have encouraged this type of behavior all along. One of the people sitting and applauding from the front row of Obama's farewell address was Robert Creamer the man caught on tape organizing violent protests during the Presidential campaign against Trump's public events. Paying people to to attack attendees and cause as much chaos as possible. The media was disinterested then and they are disinterested now.







Anti-Trump protesters caught on camera planning acid attack on ball for activists as part of bid to close down inauguration celebration


  • Edited video was shot by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas, a conservative group known for conducting sting operations on liberals

  • Shows three members of the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition brainstorming ways to shut down the inauguration eve DeploraBall in Washington, D.C.

  • 'Yeah, if you had a pint of butyric acid, I don't care how big the building is, it's closing,' an anti-Trump activist, identified as Luke Kuhn in the video, says 

  • Butyric acid is commonly known as a stink bomb; activists also discussed setting off the sprinkler system at the venue

  • They are part of a coalition planning to disrupt all facets of the inauguration 
Activists who oppose President-elect Donald Trump were caught on camera in an undercover video discussing ways to disrupt a gala celebrating his inauguration, including the use of butyric acid, better known as stink bombs.
An edited video, shot by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas, a conservative group known for conducting sting operations on liberals, that was released Monday shows three members of the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition brainstorming ways to shut down the inauguration eve DeploraBall in Washington, D.C.
'Yeah, if you had a pint of butyric acid, I don't care how big the building is, it's closing,' an anti-Trump activist, identified as Luke Kuhn in the video, says in the opening clip.
Activists who oppose President-elect Donald Trump were caught on camera in an undercover video discussing ways to disrupt a gala celebrating his inauguration, including the use of butyric acid, better known as stick bombs
Activists who oppose President-elect Donald Trump were caught on camera in an undercover video discussing ways to disrupt a gala celebrating his inauguration, including the use of butyric acid, better known as stick bombs
An edited video, shot by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas , a conservative group known for conducting sting operations on liberals, that was released Monday shows three members of the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition brainstorming ways to shut down the inauguration eve DeploraBall in Washington, D.C.
An edited video, shot by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas , a conservative group known for conducting sting operations on liberals, that was released Monday shows three members of the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition brainstorming ways to shut down the inauguration eve DeploraBall in Washington, D.C.
The O'Keefe video is an expose on '#DisruptJ20,' a coalition that has already confirmed its plans to disrupt Trump's inauguration, which an estimated 800,000 to 900,000 people are planning to attend
The O'Keefe video is an expose on '#DisruptJ20,' a coalition that has already confirmed its plans to disrupt Trump's inauguration, which an estimated 800,000 to 900,000 people are planning to attend
The O'Keefe video is an expose on '#DisruptJ20,' a coalition that has already confirmed to Fox News that it plans to disrupt Trump's inauguration, which an estimated 800,000 to 900,000 people are planning to attend, beginning with a Wednesday dance party at the vice president-elect's D.C.-area home.
A female member of the group was heard in audio last week that was shared with FoxNews.com saying that the coalition will 'do everything we can to try and stop people from being able to access the inauguration' - including 'blockades' of checkpoints into the security zones and public transportation access points.
One organizer told Fox that the group wants to 'turn the inauguration into as big of a clusterf***as possible.' 
In the tape that appeared on Fox and in the video shared by Project Veritas, the group talks about its plans to 'crash' the inauguration eve DeploraBall, a pro-Trump event that will be held at Washington, D.C.'s National Press Club, not too far from the White House and National Mall.  
'It would be really interesting if we could stop them from having the DeploraBall at all,' an unidentified planner of the chaos is seen saying in the Project Veritas tape.  
One member of the coalition that appears in the Project Veritas video and was identified by the investigative group as Scott Green is heard saying that the stink bomb acid is 'very efficient' and 'very smelly' and 'lasts a long time.'
Green said he was looking for a way to 'ruin their evening, ruin their outfits or otherwise make it impossible to continue with their plans. Make sure they get nothing accomplished,' Green says in the video, shot last month.
A third man, who Project Veritas identified as Collin Dunn, says, 'If you get it into the HVAC system it will get into the whole building.' 
Dunn also says he's 'trying to think through how to get all the sprinklers to go off at once' as a back up. 'And the added benefit, everybody is going to walk outside in the freezing cold,' he observes in the chopped-up scene. 
Kuhn says at one point in the edited tape: 'The message has to be, we do not recognize the city government either. If you try to close us down we will look for your house, we will burn it. We will physically fight the police if they try to steal one of our places. We will go to war and you will lose.'
DC prepares for inauguration as protesters gather
Progress: 0%
0:00
Previous
Play
Skip
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time1:06
Fullscreen
Need Text
The Project Veritas videos are always heavily edited and its unclear based on the cut released by O'Keefe if the stink bombs were the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition's idea or they were set-up and egged on for the video, as other victims of Keefe's sting operations have contended in the past. 
They are clearly seen and overheard discussing the stink bombs, and how to best set them and the sprinkler systems off, though. 
O'Keefe says members of his operation met with the FBI, Secret Service and DC Metro Police before publishing the video to warn them about the nefarious activity that was afoot.
The group hosting DeploraBall has meanwhile announced additional security measures for the sold-out event since receiving threats, according to conservative blogger Jim Hoft of The Gateway Pundit. 
'We’ve hired a professional security team to work the event. We did this through the National Press Club, which is experienced with high-security events,' a Sunday statement said. 
The group said it chose the Press Club for the event 'partly because we knew it would be within the security perimeter. This means there will be an expanded police presence in the immediate area.'
Organizers advised attendees in the statement not to engage with protesters they may come across outside 'in any way.'
'Take the high road. Do what you need to keep you and yours safe, but otherwise ignore them.'
The US Capitol looms over a stage during a rehearsal on Sunday of President-elect Donald Trump's swearing-in ceremony in Washington. Activists opposed to the president-elect say they plan to set up blocakdes to make it difficult for his fans to attend his inauguration
The US Capitol looms over a stage during a rehearsal on Sunday of President-elect Donald Trump's swearing-in ceremony in Washington. Activists opposed to the president-elect say they plan to set up blocakdes to make it difficult for his fans to attend his inauguration
Trump ally Roger Stone is one of the confirmed attendees of the gala.
He said in a December discussion about the event on InfoWars that he had an operative in a DisruptJ20 planning session that anti-Trump activists plan to 'harass' Secret Service and inauguration attendees.
'They are going to have roller derby women zooming through the crowd knocking people over and disturbing order,' Stone said, describing their plans as 'an effort to paralyze the city.'
Stone said in the broadcast that 'drones loaded with rockets to attack the parade' on Inauguration Day were also under consideration.
'Secret Service take notice -- Happy to share this with anyone from the service who takes notice,' he said.