Tuesday, May 4, 2010

“Catastrophic” retreat of glaciers in Spitsbergen

Anthony Watts, global warming debunker extraordinaire, discovers evidence of massive melting of glaciers in Norway:

I’ve been given a report on glaciers and sea ice in the Arctic that I want to share with readers. There’s some compelling evidence of glacier melting and open water in the Arctic sea in this report that I haven’t seen before.

There are also worrisome reports of significant temperature increases, with anomalies of several degrees. Also in the report is the mention of ice free open sea of almost 2 million square kilometers, which is termed as “unprecendented in the history of the Arctic”.

It is shocking to read. I urge readers to have a look at some of the excerpts I’ve posted.

Go here for the full report.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the report is from 1943? Never mind.

No comments: