Friday, October 22, 2010

NPR

Juan Williams: 'I've Always Felt the Right Wing was Inflexible and Intolerant'


"GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: What do you think the issue is here? Do you think it’s just the fact that you were working for Fox became too much trouble for NPR?

JUAN WILLIAMS: I think, you know what, this is one of the things in my life that's just such a shock to me, because I grew up basically on the left. I grew up here in New York City. You know, and I've always thought the right wing was the ones who were inflexible and intolerant, and now I'm coming to realize that the orthodoxy at NPR, if it's representing the Left, is just unbelievable. That, you know, and especially I think for me as a black man, to somehow, you know, say something that's out of the box. They find it very difficult. And I think that's right, George. I think they were looking for a reason to get rid of me, that they were uncomfortable with the idea that I was talking to the likes of Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity."

No comments: