Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Weapons of Mass Destruction

Great post by Fran Porretto at Liberty's Torch. I particularly enjoyed the selection of comments from Ace, I've had similar experiences with the reality-based crowd.


Political weaponry, like the sort that really maims, kills, and destroys, comes in various gradations. In today's tirade, which will probably be the last of the Weapons series, we'll look at a political weapon of mass destruction: a freedom-killer that, if it detonates on-target, leaves nothing salvageable behind.
There might be other, equally fearsome political weapons, but just now I can't think of one.

Yet in America today, only one of the dominant political parties--guess which one--is actually dependenton the idiot vote for its very survival. Ignoramuses are the Democrats' core constituency. Can't name your congressman or a single Supreme Court justice? Have vaguely heard of Gettysburg, but can't quite place the war? Get your idea of news from People and Us or Comedy Central? You're a singe-issue voter and the single issue is more-more-more and who-cares-how-it-gets-paid-for. The Dems not only want you to vote, they'll hunt you down, fill out the registration form for you and show up on Election Day to drag you to the polls. And if you can't make it, they'll send someone else and say you did. And all the while, proudly cast themselves as defenders of democracy, because the right to vote is, you know, like, sacrosanct.
Feel free to doubt the veracity of Stein's accusation if you like. I don't. I can't; I've known far too many such "citizens" to dispute him...and they all vote for whatever baboon the Democrats have nominated, regardless of the character of the candidate, the elevation of the office, or any other consideration. You couldn't get them to vote against a Democrat with a loaded gun to the temple.
However, to mutter "idiots" and stop there falls short of a complete analysis. Commenters at the mighty Ace of Spades provide a few snippets of confirmation that this isn't just about stupidity:
99 My ultra-Leftist sister told me she could never vote Republican because of slavery, the Ku Klux Klan and the plight of the American Indian.I informed my sister that the Republican Party was founded by fifty men determined to end slavery, that her Democrats tore America in two and went to war in defense of slavery, that her Democrats founded and controlled the Ku Klux Klan, and that the Trail of Tears was the direct result of a lawless Democrat president choosing to ignore the ruling of the Supreme Court.
She told me that “everyone knows that none of that is true.”
I offered her three history books. She refused to take them.
Posted by: Sam Adams at June 01, 2013 12:19 PM (ECDAN)
221 91 This isn’t quite as stupid but my father, who has a PhD in mechanical engineering so he’s no dummy, told me that Bush lied and the Republicans forced the authorization of force through the Senate. I told him that the Democrats controlled the senate in September 2001. He wouldn’t look at my phone when I pulled it up on the internet.
Posted by: Timon at June 01, 2013 12:17 PM (LGDTn)
200 “Margret Sanger was not a racist eugenicist!”
Upon showing him a website to the contrary (this was before Wikipedia) he declared it to be conservatively biased.
The website in question: Columbia University’s History Department.
Posted by: tsrblke at June 01, 2013 12:41 PM (GaqMa)
555 Another otherwise bright co-worker was upset that Military Spending was more than the US GDP. When I pointed out that it was more around 5% or less of GDP he said I didn’t know what I was talking about. When I sent him a link to the government figures he responded “Everyone is entitled to their own facts.”
Yes, really. He said that.
I'll go refill my coffee cup while you get over your shock and dismay.
Follow the link and read the whole thing, as well as all the other posts by Fran and his cohorts.

No comments: