Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Biden identifies man at rally who carries US nuclear codes. What a pompous ass!

Biden Says Trump Can't Be Trusted With Nuclear Codes, Then Tells Crowd He Has the Codes 'Right Back Here'

By Susan Jones | August 16, 2016  

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton listens at left, as Vice President Joe Biden speaks at a campaign rally, Monday, Aug. 15, 2016, in Scranton, Pa. (AP Photo/Mel Evans)
(CNSNews.com) - Vice President Joe Biden, campaigning with Hillary Clinton in Scranton, Pa. on Monday, tried to make the case that Republican Donald Trump is temperamentally and intellectually unfit to be president.
"I have worked with eight presidents of the United States. I have served with hundreds of senators...dozens of secretaries of state and secretaries of defense of both parties. And I can say without hesitation, my word as a Biden, no major party nominee in the history of the United States of America, has -- now, don't cheer or -- quiet, just listen -- has known less or been less prepared to deal with our national security than Donald Trump."
Biden said Trump cannot be trusted with the nation's nuclear codes. Then Biden told the crowd that he's got those codes right at his fingertips:
"There's a guy that follows me right back here, has the nuclear codes. So God forbid anything happened, the president and I had to make a decision -- the codes are with me all -- he (Trump) is not qualified to know the codes. He can't be trusted."
Biden also said he would have physically restrained his son from going to war if Trump had been commander in chief at the time:
"I was proud, my son Beau served for a year in Iraq, came back a highly decorated soldier. I must tell you -- I must tell you that a Donald Trump for president -- I would've thrown my body in front of him (Beau). No, I really mean it -- to keep him from going if the judgment was based on Trump's decision."
Biden then told the crowd, "I'm not big on the character assassination stuff," as he blasted many of the things Trump has said.
"Look, Trump's ideas are not only profoundly wrong, they're very dangerous and they're very un-American. You know, they reveal a profound ignorance of our Constitution. It's a recipe for playing into the hands of terrorists and their propaganda."
Biden said Trump's comment about President Obama being the founder of ISIS is threatening the safety of U.S. troops:
"If my son were still in Iraq -- and I say to all those who are there -- the threat to their life has gone up a couple clicks. It's gone up a couple clicks."

No comments: