Saturday, February 2, 2019

Joe Biden supported racial segregation in 1975 — and gave a really bizarre reasoning for it


Former Vice President Joe Biden, whom many hope will run for president in 2020, embraced racial segregation in a statement unearthed from 1975, and he gave a very bizarre reasoning for his support of the racist policy.
The comments from an interview with NPR were discovered by the Washington Examiner and published Friday. Biden was speaking out against forced busing of minority children in order to defeat segregation.
But the reasoning he offered was that forcing de-segregation would be destructive for black identity.
"I think the concept of busing," Biden said in the interview, "that we are going to integrate people so that they all have the same access and they learn to grow up with one another and all the rest, is a rejection of the whole movement of black pride."
Biden continued in the interview to argue that de-segregation of minorities and whites was "a rejection of the entire black awareness concept, where black is beautiful, black culture should be studied; and the cultural awareness of the importance of their own identity, their own individuality."

A spokesperson for Biden did not return requests for comment about the story from the Washington Examiner.
In more recent but far less racist statements, Biden has hinted that he is seriously considering running in 2020 to challenge President Donald Trump in what will likely be his re-election bid.
In a statement in early December, Biden said "I'll be as straight with you as I can. I think I'm the most qualified person in the country to be president."
"I've been doing this my whole adult life, and the issues that are the most consequential relating to the plight of the middle class and our foreign policy are things that I have — even my critics would acknowledge," he added, "I may not be right, but I know a great deal about it."

Here's the latest on a possible Biden 2020 run:

Could Joe Biden Win In 2020?www.youtube.com

No comments: