Monday, June 10, 2019

Justice Thomas says Smithsonian exhibit on him wrong

Justice Thomas says Smithsonian exhibit on him wrong


Take the exhibit. He said he met with some students who had visited the museum. “They said the exhibit said that my views on affirmative action result from my going to various schools in my youth. And the young woman, the young student said, ‘Well is that true?' I said, ‘No.’ They said, ‘Well, did they talk to you before they put that exhibit up?’ I said, ‘Nope.’ They said, ‘Have you ever seen it?’ I said, ‘Nope, never seen it, I have no idea where that came from.’”
Fortunately for Thomas, his comments came in a talk with philanthropist and Smithsonian Chairman David Rubenstein who said, “I’d like to invite you to come and tell us how we can fix this."
He added, "We'll fix it."

No comments: