Sunday, February 24, 2013

Felons are armed and left to prey on the unarmed

Las Vegas shooting suspect named: Ammar Asim Faruq Harris, 26

Police say the man responsible for the Thursday shooting attack that left three people dead on the Las Vegas Strip is armed, dangerous and still on the loose.
Ammar Harris, 26 -- also known as Ammar Asim Faruq Harris -- was identified by authorities Saturday night as their primary suspect.
Police think he got into an argument with a rapper, Ken Cherry, at a valet stand and later shot Cherry in a roadway attack, which resulted in a collision that killed a taxi driver and his passenger.
Harris has previously been arrested in Las Vegas on suspicion of kidnapping, sexual assault, being an ex-felon in possession of a gun and robbery, police said.
“And that’s just in our jurisdiction,” Las Vegas police spokesman Marcus Martin told the Los Angeles Times. “He has a habit of not appearing in court, too.”
Police Capt. Chris Jones told the Associated Press that Harris' black Range Rover was found Saturday afternoon at an apartment complex east of the Vegas Strip and impounded as evidence.
Cherry's father held a news conference Saturday decrying the depiction of his son in some media reports as a gangster. Cherry's attorney, Bob Beckett, said Cherry was unarmed and had no apparent criminal history in the past eight years other than traffic citations.

No comments: