Sunday, December 13, 2020

Victimhood as a mental disorder

Science Confirms It: There's a New Personality Disorder Creating Faux Victims in Need of Revenge


Here’s some news: As it turns out, there’s a bunch of people in the world who think of themselves as victims.

Even though they aren’t.

If you own a TV, you may have come to such a conclusion multiple times a day.

But now it’s been declared by people you can always trust: researchers.

As reported by the Washington Examiner, a brand spanking paper published in Personality and Individual Differences reveals a newly-defined type.

Wanna see if you qualify?

On a scale from 1 to 5, rate your level of agreement with the following:

  • It is important to me that people who hurt me acknowledge that an injustice has been done to me.
  • I think I am much more conscientious and moral in my relations with other people compared to their treatment of me.
  • When people who are close to me feel hurt by my actions, it is very important for me to clarify that justice is on my side.
  • It is very hard for me to stop thinking about the injustice others have done to me.
By Alex Parker | Dec 11, 2020 11:15 PM ET

No comments: