Friday, February 5, 2010

Hard Times for Politicians

Mark Steyn comments:

BHO: I know these are tough times to hold public office. 

HH: What do you think, Mark Steyn? Are these tough times to hold public office?

MS: No, no. And I’m tired of this, too, because the reality is it’s tough to be a small businessman in this country now. It’s tough to be a small businessman facing huge rates of corporate tax, facing more and more regulation to pay, to pay for Senators with vast retinues the size of the average Gulf emirs. And the reality is that this distinction he keeps drawing between public service and the private sector, it’s the private sector that pays for the public service. I pay for Barack Obama. He doesn’t pay for me. And he and his pals should stop sucking me dry, and every small businessman dry, and we should restore a mutually respectful relationship where he stops reaching into my pocket and taking my money.

No comments: