Monday, February 15, 2010

How did liberals enable this woman's murderous rage?

The then DA is now a Congressman. His refusal to see evil when faced with it is par for the liberal mind set.

Quincy man recalls Amy Bishop holdup‘For the last 23 years, it was just a cool story I could tell.’

By Jessica Van Sack, Jessica Fargen and Edward Mason

A former auto-body worker claims Amy Bishop put a gun to his chest and demanded a getaway car just minutes after she shot her brother to death 24 years ago in a controversial case that is now being reviewed.
Tom Pettigrew, 45, told the Herald he was working at the Dave Dinger Ford auto repair shop in South Braintree, near the former Bishop home, when he saw the gun-wielding woman run into the dealership with what he thought was a BB gun.
Pettigrew, of Quincy, who was 22 at the time, recalled telling his co-oworkers: “I’m like, ‘Did I just see what I just saw?’ ”
Pettigrew said he heard noise coming from where car keys are stored, so he went to investigate.
“I go over to the door and I can sense that she’s right near the door,” Pettigrew said. “I’m thinking it’s a BB gun. I open the door and she’s right there and we basically bumped into each other and I got a shotgun right in my chest!”
“And she’s like, ‘Hands up!’ and I’m like, ‘Yes ma’am’ ”
Bishop appeared agitated and nervous, Pettigrew said. The University of Alabama professor now accused of killing three colleagues Friday said she needed a car because, “I got into a fight with my husband and he’s going to kill me,” the worker recalled.
Pettigrew then watched as Bishop walked through the dealership looking at cars, all the while grasping the gun.
By then, police arrived and swarmed the parking lot. One armed officer climbed up on a nearby roof, Pettigrew said, and could have taken her out.
Instead, they arrested her. Braintree police Chief Paul Frazier has said officers on duty claim they were forced by retired former Chief John Polio to let Bishop, whose mother was a member of the police personnel board, go. Polio denies that and said then-District Attorney William Delahunt investigated the case and ruled it an accident.
Pettigrew said police questioned him after the incident but he never heard from them again.
“For the last 23 years, it was just a cool story I could tell my friends,” Pettigrew said.
Braintree Mayor Joseph C. Sullivan said yesterday the city, its police department and the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office are “conducting a full and thorough review of its municipal and law enforcement records to locate all materials relating to the Dec. 6, 1986, death of Seth Bishop . . . to identify if there were any deficits in its past record-keeping process.”Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1232944

No comments: