Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Glenn Beck

So I watched my first episode of Glenn Beck yesterday, up until then I had only heard about stuff on his show second-hand. I have to say I liked about 90% of the stuff on his show, he just simply talked sense about the corruption inside the beltway and our need to change it. What I didn't like and what I thought was just playing into his foes was his not so subtle racial remarks. For example, when he was talking about Acorn, he used a chess board as a prop. He looked at it and said "wait, it's more like this." He then moved the White king into the Black king's position (the head of Acorn is white) amongst all the other black pieces. While there is nothing racist about that (after all it is technically true that you have a caucasian head of what seems to be a mostly minority organization) but that just seemed gratuitous and really doesn't win him any converts from people outside of our end of the spectrum.

No comments: