Massachusetts law firm donated $1.6M to Democrats including Hillary Clinton and received bonuses that precisely matched their political donations in massive 'straw-donor scheme'
- Boston Globe's Spotlight team and the Center for Responsive Politics have revealed what could be one of the largest straw-donor schemes revealed
- Its investigation found that partners at Thornton Law Firm donated nearly $1.6 million to Democrats from 2010 through 2014
- During that period, the lawyers received $1.4 million listed as 'bonuses'
- Those included more than 280 in amounts that precisely matched their donations and were paid within 10 days
- Spokesman for law firm said its donation reimbursement program was reviewed by outside lawyers and complied with relevant laws
- But campaign finance experts said it raises numerous red flags because reimbursing people for their political donations is generally illegal
- This week several Democrats have returned donations from the firm including Hillary Clinton
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3899648/Massachusetts-law-firm-reimbursed-partners-political-donations.html#ixzz4Oy3MF7Cr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook