Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Palin Still Concerns Me

Check out this video of her interview on the O'Reilly show and you will see why I am concerned (I think). I actually cringed while watching it. She just doesn't respond to questions in a way that inspires confidence, even when she gets the questions beforehand. In this video, O'Reilly plays a couple of segments from a 60 Minutes piece that gave examples of how stupid Palin is (she didn't know why there are two Koreas, she wasn't prepared for the debate, she didn't know who her son was fighting in Iraq and she thought Iraq was behind 9-11). Her response to these was essentially the same reaction that Obama gives when he is asked something that he doesn't want to talk about, "it's a distraction" instead of actually answering those allegations with counterexamples. On the debate question, she shouldn't just say the rumor she wasn't focused and prepared for the debate was from an anonymous source, she should say "what is he talking about? I was stuck in a room working 18 hour days for a week focused exclusively on that debate. On the Korea issue she should be saying something like, "my father's best friend was in the Korean War and Jack would be shocked if I didn't know that after all the time our families spent together". Instead, just denials and evasions. Am I asking too much? It also seems that given she was on pretty friendly ground, the interview just didn't go very well. I know I go back and forth on her, and I do want to like her. But that video makes me think "I can't support this person, we'd just be trading one vacuous nothing for another".

No comments: