Thursday, September 29, 2022

Democrats and climate zealots have empowered our nation's enemies


Oil Rises: OPEC+ Considering A Substantial Production Cut

Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, SEP 29, 2022 - 06:54 AM

Confirming what Russia strongly hinted two days ago, oil jumped on Thursday morning before fading some gains after Reuters reported that several major producers of the OPEC+ alliance have started talks about a potential oil production cut ahead of the regular monthly OPEC+ meeting on October 5, OPEC and OPEC+ sources told Reuters on Thursday.

OPEC+ meets next Wednesday to discuss the market and fundamentals situation as oil prices have fallen below $90 per barrel, a level last seen just before the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It is "likely" that the group will agree on a cut, a source at OPEC told Reuters.

Inching ever so close to the way China does it

A growing partnership between third party data brokers and law enforcement agencies is raising alarm bells among civil liberties lawyers.

Electric cars and fleeing disasters

Electric vehicles and the evacuation of Florida

Large swaths of Florida’s heavily populated Gulf Coast have been ordered evacuated. The map below, prepared by the Florida Department of Emergency Management, shows the mandatory areas in reddish colors.  The actual evacuation order from  the state is found here.  At least 300,000 people from the Tampa Bay Area must leave.

(source)

It is fortunate that as of the current moment, electric vehicles constitute only about 100,000, out of nearly 8 million vehicles registered to drive on Florida’s roads. What if they all were electric, the (impractical) dream dream of greenies?

Depending on how heavily loaded they were, even assuming everyone had a full battery charge, cars from southern Florida would start running out of juice after 100 – 250 miles. They would then have to spend hours at recharging stations, which would rapidly be clogged with other cars and trucks waiting their turn, since an electricity “fill up” can easily take an hour or more, as compared to a couple of minutes for gasoline.  Cars waiting to be charged would spill onto the highways, potentially blocking traffic.

Those cars that ran out of juice on the highway would block traffic. Even assuming that emergency service vehicles could get to them (unlikely if the entire fleet were electric cars), towing a portable generator (powered by fossil fuels, of course) and recharging the stalled vehicles would take plenty of time, as well, further blocking traffic.  The stranded cars would, of course, have no air conditioning, no wipers, no GPS.

In all likelihood, the highways would become vast parking lots, trapping their passengers wherever they happened to be stalled, waiting for the storm and flood waters to reach them, unable to get to safety.

It is a nightmare scenario, and it is perfectly predictable. California and other states have already mandated a conversion to an all-electric vehicle fleet. When natural disaster strikes and the fleet is electric vehicles, the disaster will be compounded if this mad scheme is carried through.

Hat tip: Joe Heslin


Getting rich off your tax dollars like it or not

Report: Soros-Linked Group Wins $41M Contract from Biden to Help Illegal Aliens Evade Deportation1,695

Exposing the politicization of the FBI

30 ex-FBI agents stand up to support whistleblower who exposed agency’s political bias


Politicians will get away with doing nothing effective and virtue signaling to the radical base

IRS: The house always wins


An audit issued by the Treasury inspector general for tax administration last week reviewed the accuracy of child tax credit disbursements made by the IRS between July and November 2021. The report found that the organization sent more than $1.1 billion in payments to ineligible taxpayers and failed to send another $3.7 billion to eligible taxpayers.

The American Rescue Plan Act was enacted in 2021 and increased child tax credit payments to $3,000 per child under 18 and $3,600 per child under 16.

The IRS incorrectly distributed 3.3 million payments to 1.5 million ineligible households. The organization also failed to deliver 8.3 million payments to 4.1 million eligible households.

Democrat leftist grifters exposed

NEWS

The founders of the leftist group Occupy Democrats are having to defend some recent financial decisions after a curious Twitter and YouTube user publicly disclosed details about alleged allocations of the organization's funding.

On Sunday, Hamish Mitchell of African Wildlife Adventures suggested that brothers Omar and Rafael Rivero, who founded the well-known activist group around 2016, had mismanaged the donations they'd collected, likely from some of their 10 million Facebook followers.

"The ‘Occupy Democrats Election Fund’ PAC’, run by Omar Rivero, raised $797K from 2021-2022," Mitchell tweeted. "They contributed $0 to federal candidates. And they spent $577k on ‘Fundraising Consultants’."


Mitchell also included images supposedly of Occupy Democrats' 2021-2022 FEC filings in the tweet.

The $220,000 not directed towards financial consultants was given to Blue Deal LLC, Mitchell further alleged. Omar Rivero himself established Blue Deal, which claims to sell "campaign materials and promotional products to Democratic campaigns and Progressive organizations," and he and his brother now run it together. In other words, Mitchell has accused the Rivero brothers of funneling that $220,000 back into their own pockets. .

"Would @OccupyDemocrats & @OmarRiverosays care to explain?" Mitchell asked in his tweet.

It initially appeared that Omar Rivero did, in fact, "care to explain." He responded to Mitchell by commenting, "If you understood the time and effort that goes into making viral memes—and the impact that they have—you might respect our work more." That tweet comment was largely ridiculed on social media, though, and has since been deleted.

Ilegal immigrant murderer escapes


Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Government massacres

Guinea: Suspected perpetrators of 2009 massacre go on trial

Guineans hope the wait for justice will soon come to an end 13 years after a massacre that killed at least 157 people. Ex-junta leader Moussa Camara and his former lieutenants are expected to face the judge.

Rooting out Islamist trrorism

India bans Islamic group PFI, citing 'terrorism' concerns

The Indian government called the Popular Front of India (PFI) an "unlawful association." This month, at least 200 PFI members have been detained. 

    
Members of the Indian security personnel wait on the roads as they conducted raids at PFI offices across the country.

After detaining multiple PFI members, India banned the Islamic organization 

India on Wednesday banned the Islamic group Popular Front of India (PFI) and eight of its affiliates for five years. The government called the PFI an "unlawful association" and accused the group of terror-related activities.

In the past month, dozens of PFI offices have been raided and at least 200 PFI members were detained across India.

PFI has rejected the accusations and said authorities are fabricating evidence and targeting the group.

Indian government: PFI had 'international linkages' to terror groups

According to the Indian government, PFI has been funding terrorist activities, providing arms training to its supporters and radicalizing people for anti-India activities.

"PFI and its associates operated openly as a socio-economic, educational and political organization but they have been pursuing a secret agenda to radicalize a particular section of the society,'' read the notification issued by the government.

The government said the group has multiple "international linkages" with "global terrorist groups." Members of the PFI have been accused of joining the Islamic State and participating in "terror activites" in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

The government notification also banned eight PFI-affiliated groups: Campus Front of India, Rehab India Foundation, All India Imams Council, National Confederation of Human Rights Organization, National Women's Front, Junior Front, Empower India Foundation and Rehab Foundation, Kerala. 

The bans were invoked under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), which gives extraordinary powers to the government to deal with activities that attack the integrity and sovereignty of India. Under this law, UAPA undertrials can be designated as terrorists.

PFI called the ban an act of political vendetta

Mohammed Tahir, a counsel for the PFI said the government has failed to present any evidence of the group having received international funding for terror activities in India.

The Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI), a group that works with PFI on certain issues but has not been included in the ban, accused the Indian government of "misusing the investigation agencies," using "laws to silence the opposition and to scare the people from expressing the voice of dissent."

The PFI came into existence in 2006 with the objective of countering Hindu nationalist groups.

In the last few years, the PFI has backed protests against the citizenship amendment law which many Muslims in India deemed discriminatory and supported the rights of Muslim women students to wear the hijab in their classrooms. 

Women students in India are seen protesting for their right to wear the hijab in the classroom.

PFI supported the rights of Muslim women students to wear the hijab in their classrooms.

Previously, the group has also been accused of killing people associated with other religious organizations, supporting the Islamic State group and destruction of property.

Implications of the ban

Of India's nearly 1.4 billion people, about 14% are Muslims.

In the last few years, many Muslims in India have complained of being marginalized and attacked for their identity under the rule of the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party.

The ban is likely to stir an outcry among opponents of the government, which retains broad public support and enjoys a comfortable majority in parliament.

ns/sms (Reuters, AP, AFP)


Iran's genocide against Kurds

Iran launches fresh strikes on Iraqi Kurdistan amid protests

Kurdish officials say Iranian drones targeted a Kurdish-Iranian dissident group, killing nine people. The attacks come during domestic unrest in Iran following the death of Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini in police custody.

    
Smoke blowing after airstrikes hit the Iraqi Kurdistan region

Iraqi-Kurdish sources said drone strikes targeted at least 10 military bases belonging to an Iranian-Kurdish opposition group

Iran targeted an opposition group in the Iraqi Kurdistan region with drone bombing, killing at least nine people and wounding 32, the Kurdish Regional Government's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.

The strikes against the Iranian-Kurdish group came as Iran was pushed into unrest triggered by the death of Mahsa Amini.

Amini, a 22-year-old Iranian-Kurdish woman, died in custody after she was arrested by the Islamic Republic's notorious morality police. 

1:35 min

Arrests and deaths mount in Iran protests

What do we know about the strikes?

Iran's Revolutionary Guard used "precision missiles" and "suicide drones," state-run news agency IRNA said, adding that they were targeting the bases of a separatist group in the north of Iraq.

The leftist armed opposition force the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran, known by the acronym KDPI, condemned the attack. 

"These cowardly attacks are occurring at a time when the terrorist regime of Iran is unable to crack down on ongoing protests inside and silence the Kurdish and Iranian peoples' civil resistance," the KDPI said. 

According to a KDPI member, the attack targeted Koya, some 65 kilometers (35 miles) east of Irbil.

The federal Iraqi government and the regional Kurdish government also condemned the strikes. 

"The Iranian ambassador to Baghdad will be summoned urgently, to deliver a letter of protest in a very harsh tone to him about the bombardments" against autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan, Iraqi Foreign Ministry spokesman Ahmed al-Sahaf said in a statement.

What is happening in Iran?

Women-led protests in Iran continued for a 12th consecutive night on Tuesday, opposition media said. 

Dozens of people have been killed in the unrest that erupted after Amini's death, and police arrested over 1,200 people. 

Police on Wednesday warned that they would confront the protests "with all their might." 

Iran's hardline President Ebrahim Raisi was expected to address the nation later on Wednesday. 

Iranian authorities are believed to have restricted internet access in a bid to hamper gatherings and organization, as well as prevent footage of their crackdown from circulating. 

Several Western countries have showed support for the protests and called on Iran to investigate Amini's death.

On Wednesday, Spain summoned the Iranian ambassador "to express its objection over the repression of the protests and the violation of women's rights," a diplomatic source was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency. 

2:13 min

Iran protests over detained woman's death spread worldwide


Pandemic fraud

Ex-Nigerian official gets 5 years for pandemic fraud in Washington state

Abidemi Rufai, of Lekki, Nigeria, was sentenced to five years in prison for stealing pandemic-related unemployment benefits from Washington state.