Thursday, January 26, 2023

It's gotten this bad for Christians in America

NEWS

Rookie Georgia police officer Jacob Kersey resigned after his superiors threatened to terminate him for expressing his views on traditional marriage, the Daily Signal reported today.

"I never would have thought I would have been placed in a situation where I have to choose between my Christian faith and my dream job," 19-year-old Kersey said Wednesday in a Facebook post. "I am grateful for the opportunity that I was given to be a police officer. I do not take that honor and responsibility lightly. However, my integrity and Christian beliefs are at the core of who I am, and I will not abandon them," he added.

Kersey's career in law enforcement was cut short following a brief Facebook post on January 2, 2023, the Daily Signal reported. In the post, he expressed a widely-held religious belief that marriage, designed by God, does not include homosexual unions.

No comments: