Thursday, March 28, 2024

The red pill of Obamacare

The red pill of Obamacare

Joe Biden is flailing in the polls, trailing President Trump in all the swing states, and likely to lose in November.

Inflation, illegals, crime and wokesterism are among the best-known reasons for the shift.

But how many are aware that the nightmare of Obamacare is still with us, too, and likely driving Biden's poll numbers down?

As the man in this video below notes, the soaring cost and inflexibility of the mandate has made him say 'goodbye' to voting Democrat:



 

According to RealClearPolitics, which has the beginning transcript of the video, the man lays out his personal situation and how bad it is because of Obamacare:

VOTER: I thought I would share why I am no longer a Democrat... I was a two-time bone cancer survivor, still am. That's how I lost my arm. Having healthcare was extremely important to me. I heard all the talking points of "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor," "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan, "the average family is going to save $1,500 a year," "it's not a tax." All of this stuff makes sense to me, how this was being pushed. And then the Democrats were saying Republicans don't want you to have health insurance if you have pre-existing conditions. Well I was a walking pre-existing condition having cancer twice.

My insurance was $185/month with a $1,000 deductible. That was for a family of 5. So I voted for Obama-Biden in 2008 based on Obamacare. Now fast forward to 2010 when Obamacare was implemented. Everything that they said was not true. The Supreme Court ruled that it was a tax if you didn't have insurance, that penalty. So that was a lie. Insurance premiums went up instead of down. That was a lie. The insurance policy that I had specifically that I had going through 2 bouts of cancer -- chemotherapy, amputation, all of this stuff. It was great insurance. The insurance company canceled it because under the new Obamacare guidelines that policy wasn't good enough so they no longer offered it. They came up with a new offer and said this is what your new plan will be or you can go through the marketplace. And when I looked at it, the cheapest insurance I could find to replace that one was $1,200 a month with a $6,000 deductible.
Remember, $185/month with a $1,000 deductible is now $1,200/month with a $6,000 deductible. No additional income. So I had to make a choice. Do I keep a roof over my children's head or do I get health insurance and struggle? And I choose to just keep a roof over my children's head. And then I was penalized every year. I didn't have insurance for 10 years after that. I couldn't afford it.

For ten years I was penalized every single year because I could no longer afford the insurance that I was required to get through law through Obamacare. I voted for that shit. And it did nothing but hurt me and my family.

It's not just the inflation, which is nightmarish enough. It's the sense of being gaslit, lied to, and deceived, and there's no way out.

After that intro, he grows intense and passionate, attempting to persuade young people through reason to vote responsibly, based on their own personal situations in this coming election, as he is in his. He points out the lies and the constant unfairness of Obamacare -- penalizing the middle class voters who cannot afford Obamacare, whose costs keep rising in a death spiral that he believes has "destroyed" the middle class.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/03/the_red_pill_of_obamacare.html

No comments: