Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Judicial Empathy

Claire points out the following:

U.S. Code
TLE 28 > PART I > CHAPTER 21 > § 453

Each justice or judge of the United States shall take the following oath or affirmation before performing the duties of his office:

“I, [insert name here], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [insert title here] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.”



No mention of empathy anywhere that I can see. But what does the current administration care about the Constitution or oaths anyway, even though Obama made the following oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

1 comment:

ww4cash said...

Good luck with that one. He wants to consider the law for Gitmo, but not for Chrysler Bankrupcy. He doesn't need the Supreme Court to make laws for him (the Legislative branch's job, he can do it himself.