Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It would be like setting up surveillance in a mental institution.


NSA: We're not spying on Jimmy Carter


The NSA is not looking through former President Jimmy Carter’s emails, its director Gen. Keith Alexander said Tuesday night.
Asked about Carter's claims of NSA spying Tuesday night on Fox News’ “Special Report with Bret Baier,” Alexander said: “Well, we're not.
“So he can now go back to writing emails.”
If Carter’s claim were true, Alexander said it would be “illegal.” 
“I mean, reality is we don't do that. And if we did, it would be illegal and we would be found, I think, held accountable and responsible.”
Carter claimed on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday that he suspects the NSA might spy on his emails. Because of his fears, he said he sends messages to foreign leaders through the regular postal service instead.
“I have felt that my own communications were probably monitored. And when I want to communicate with a foreign leader privately, I type or write the letter myself, put it in the post office and mail it,” Carter said “because I believe if I sent an e-mail, it will be monitored.” 

JIMMY CARTER: OBAMA MAY BE TOO EMBARRASSED TO CHAMPION BLACK CAUSES


On Tuesday, former President Jimmy Carter commented on President Barack Obama's seeming reluctance to champion black cause during a HuffPost Live interview: 

"Some women when they are elected become champions of human rights," Carter said "I've seen other women who are elected who didn't pay any attention to that particular thing because it was kind of an embarrassment to them to single out women since they were a woman, like I think it might be an embarrassment to President Obama to single out African-American people." 


Jimmy Carter exposes the Democrat basic mindset of everything being dependent on race, sex or political opportunity. As I listened to his comments I detected a  whiff of misogyny. 

No comments: