Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Did you know AOC serves in a 'war'?



Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez revealed recently that she is attending therapy because of the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, claiming in a radio interview that members of Congress essentially "served in war."


What did AOC say?

During an interview with Latino USA, Ocasio-Cortez called the events of Jan. 6 "extraordinarily traumatizing" and likened her experience to that of losing her father at a young age.

"After the 6th, I took some time and it was really [Rep.] Ayanna Pressley when I explained to her what happened to me, like the day of, because I ran to her office, and she was like, 'you need to recognize trauma and that this is something that you went through, but we're all going through,'" Ocasio-Cortez said.

"I feel like I learned this the hard way after my father had passed away when I was a teenager," she added. "That happened at a young age and I socked it away. I had to live with that for years."

No comments: