Thursday, May 27, 2021

Without context you will be led astray

Here's the Most Interesting Thing in the CDC Data About Post-Vaccine COVID Breakthrough Infections

What can I say? I enjoy being vindicated. And I would like to thank Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Director Rachel Walensky for making me feel as if I am. Earlier this week, I wrote about a study that demonstrated that prepositions matter when discussing hospitalizations for COVID-19 among children. There is a difference between getting hospitalized with COVID-19 and getting hospitalized for COVID-19 in the hospitals studied. Reported data does not capture this crucial distinction, which likely applies to hospitalizations of children and adults nationwide, given the testing protocols and reimbursement incentives.


BY STACEY LENNOX MAY 26, 2021 10:36 PM ET

No comments: