LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Nathan Patterson's fairy tale story has added another chapter. Because as far as debuts go, this is as good as it gets.
Patterson, the right-hander who drew notice after throwing 96 mph at a speed-pitch radar booth at a Colorado Rockies game this year, made his professional debut in the Oakland A's organization Thursday in the Rookie-level Arizona League and struck out all three batters he faced.
"Last night was incredible and truly a blessing as I made my first professional outing. 
I’m not gonna lie, the nerves were flowing until I threw strike one. After that, I took a big deep breathe (sic) and realized all the hard work over the last year has prepared me for this moment," the 23-year-old wrote on Instagram the day after his outing. "It could not have gone any better and I cannot thank my family, friends, teammates, and coaches enough for the love and support." 
The 23-year-old's journey Hollywood-esque journey is off to a strong start.