Thursday, March 8, 2018

Florida school shooter had tried to buy an AR-15 from a gun shop – here’s what happened

Florida school shooter had tried to buy an AR-15 from a gun shop – here’s what happened

Florida school shooter had tried to buy an AR-15 from a gun shop – here’s what happened
A gun shop owner in Parkland, Florida, says Nikolas Cruz tried to buy an AR-15 style gun from him, but he refused because he was under 21 years old. (Image Source: YouTube screenshot) 

As more revelations erupt from the investigation into the numerous failures of government in the horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida, it turns out the killer had tried to buy an AR-15 from a pawn shop. 
Here’s what happened
The owner of a Coconut Creek Pawn & Guns in Parkland, Florida, told an ABC affiliatethat the shooter had tried to buy an AR-15 style rifle from him, but he refused. 
“He was cool, he was quiet, he was not nervous at all,” Razi, the owner, said. 
When he asked Cruz how old he was, he said he was over 18, but under 21. The store owner refused to sell him the rifle. 
“I don’t sell any firearms to under the age of 21,” the owner recalls telling him. He explained, “I don’t need an 18-year-old to buy a weapon and clear up his high school with it. Not if I have anything to do with it.” 
“That’s what I tell him,” the owner recalled. “Not just him, I tell that to every kid who comes here to buy weapons.” 
The store owner was in Israel when he heard of the shooting and went online to get information about it. 
“And I logged in online and looked for a picture of him,” he says. “And when I saw the pictures, I saw, yep, he was in my store.” 
He says that he received a negative review on his business after his interaction with the teen. “Very judgemental and denied me customer service,” said a review from a “Nikolas Cruz.”
“I have chills really coming down my spine,” the owner says. “I mean I said, thank God I have not sold this monster the weapon.”
Cruz was arrested after the massacre and has been charged with 17 counts of murder. 

No comments: