Thursday, March 28, 2019

NAACP Image Awards: Host Anthony Anderson Hopes Jussie Smollett Wins

NAACP Image Awards: Host Anthony Anderson Hopes Jussie Smollett Wins


Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Image Award for his work on “Empire,” but it’s still unknown if he will attend the upcoming festivities on Saturday at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood.
Anthony Anderson, who returns as host for the sixth consecutive year, hopes the actor will make an appearance.
“I hope to see him here,” the “Black-ish” star told Variety during a preview of the Awards on Wednesday morning. “I hope he wins. I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color.”
“So I’m glad it worked out for him,” Anderson continued. “It’s not my place or any other person’s place to judge him or what not, but I’m glad the he’s nominated…I hope he wins because I’d be interested to hear his speech.”

No comments: